Friday, January 13, 2012

Age.

So today I am stuck at home babysitting my brother and sister and decided it might be fun to give all you readers (its funny cause pretty much no one reads this) a quick visual trip through the past 9 years of my life. Through those years, I have laughed, cried, been broken, been built back up, loved the Lord, hated the Lord and everything in between. Those many years have really formed me into who I am today. 
Now on a less sappy note, many of these pictures are comical. Feel free to laugh at me, I embrace it. In fact, Ill even through in some attempted humor in my captions... Enjoy!

Now lets get this show on the road! Im going to start in approximately 2004. I was 9 years old.
I had the biggest gap between my two front teeth...It was atrocious.

Now onto 2005. I was 10. Heading into 5th grade.
This is when I began trying real hard to be a skater. Hence the shaggy locks and gaudy skate tee.

ONWARD to 2006. Making my way into middle school.
I also thought I could play guitar just because I had been given one. I was terrible.

This was also the year dying my hair black seemed like a good idea. Funny thing was, we bough the wrong dye and my hair was "blue-black" for a while till it faded into pure black. Those were dark times. (No pun intended)

2007. The year of wonder (not really.) 7th grade.
There is that freaking shirt again.... 

Aaaannnnnd 2008. 8th grade. One of the worst time periods of my life.

I was pretty awesome by this point in my life. Long hair, don't care.

2009! Into high school.

Black and white mirror pic.... Nuff said.

Sidenote: This is the year that wearing tight jeans and horrendous band shirts began. Some may say, "The dawning of a new era."

And so begins 2010. Sophomore year.

Slouch beanie making its way into the picture. Living the dream.

Still reppin' the black v-neck.

Onto 2011! Into my Junior year.

Getting a bit closer to my current self..

Nothing funny about this picture. To be honest, all it portrays is abuse.

2012. Current day.
So here we are. 12 pictures and 9 years later. So much has changed physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Many people would kill their firstborn to go back to the days of youth, but, I am not one of those people. I am so excited for what God has in store for me, and am looking forward to growing up and fully being the man the Lord wants me to be. 



Thank you so much for taking the time to reminisce with me. 

Justin Slaughter  
January 13th 2012.





 

1 comment: