Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 Days of prayer. Day 10- Lust.

I am pretty blown away that I was able to do all 10 days! I am known to be forgetful, but God really put it on my heart to finish this, and I'm so glad I did! I learned a whole lot in the process and I really thankful for that. My last day of prayer is dedicated to lust just for the simple fact that is something I think everyone struggles with in some way or another. This is not just talking about sexual lust, but lust for anything, which is something so prominent in today's society that it's disturbing.

Dear Lord,
I am so grateful that you kept me on track these past 10 days and helped me complete the task I had set out for myself. Tonight I really want to pray about lust Lord, and because I know that I struggle with it more than other things. I admit to this Lord, and pray that you can take this from me Lord. I don't want to any longer take part in this sin in any form Lord. I don't want to be sexually lustful any longer, and I don't want to be lustful towards the world in general. It becomes so easy to get caught up in the pleasures of this world Lord no matter what they may be. I have been so caught up in being lustful towards sex, and money and material things, I often blatantly ignore the fact that you clearly call us to rise above those things and look not towards the pleasures of this world, and but towards the pleasure you have laid out for us with you in heaven. Tonight Lord, I want to not only call out for forgiveness, but I also want to ask for the strength to throw these worldly temptations aside and run towards your awaiting arms Lord. You are a God who forgives, redeems, and and gives strength. I am so thankful for that Lord. I am so thankful that you care. I am so thankful that you are my God and my father who loves me.
Thank you.
In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment